Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Updates

Cx12906



Some of you have complained that I was a little harsh on Wal-Mart employees in the permit I wrote for the Sandy store last week.  Looking back I can see how it could be construed that I think Wal-Mart employees are generally smelly and have poor hygiene habits. 



I didn’t mean that at all.  I think all people should be required to shower at least semi-weekly, not just Wal-Mart employees.  Those of you who have spent time in an enclosed space with me probably think cyclists should shower semi-daily.  That’s fine; I guess bicycle commuting isn’t entirely emission-free.   



I got the permit back from peer review today.  The reviewer said he got to condition #4 before he was sure it was a joke.  He signed it and told me to hand it in, as is, to our manager.   Oh, the possibilities…



12906_one_1



In other news, my cyclocross performance on Saturday was a repeat of last week.  This time it was two flat tires, one on the first lap, a second on the third lap.  I was a little more prepared with a proper pit crew to help me out this time.  Fish and Ryan changed the wheels on my bike while I rode Ryan’s bike, so I didn’t lose as much time as last week, but changing bikes a total of four times in one race can't help your time.  I also had to ride on a flat tire for most of a lap to reach the pit area both times. That cost me a lot of time.  I finished eleventh out of thirty three. 



Finally, the other team I am on that is struggling is pulling itself together.  We’re going to get some coaches who know what they’re doing.  We’re going to be unstoppable. 



1 comment:

  1. Just in case anyone is wondering Chad not only likes to ride his bike but he is actually quite good at it. This makes working for Chad in the pits pretty fun (even if he wasn't it would still be fun..maybe it's funner...). You know that your help is actually going to end up helping him with a good result. Despite four bike changes Chad ended up in 11th place out of about 30. Geez imagine if he took things seriously.... Do we have to keep reading to learn about your "other" team???

    ReplyDelete