Monday, February 25, 2008

The on-season

Amasa_back_72dpi


The trail is your future.  You, the bike, and the trail, you’re part of a continuum.  The vehicle is just a means, just an enabler, an extension of your idea.  That’s the joy of it; the journey. --Chris Stevens



I shaved my legs last night.  First time in months.  I was so hairy that I clogged the tub. 



I’ve got a new bike with an uncracked frame.  It's got something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue



Now it’s time to see how my regime of bowling, yoga and skate skiing works as a race training program.   



Here’s the end of another off-season.





3 comments:

  1. does the shaving make you faster, or is it so scratches heal quicker, or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaving makes you think you're faster, which might actually help you ride faster, and it certainly makes it easier to peel band-aids off, but the real reason is vanity. Cyclists work year round to get the sexiest legs on the planet (to offset their scrawny upper bodies). If you worked that hard to have shapely legs you wouldn't want to hide them behind a thick layer of fur. It also makes it a lot easier to apply sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess congratulation on the legs! That is a beautiful picture, so intense. I am excited to read about all the biking exploits this year.

    ReplyDelete