Monday, March 17, 2008

A trip to the vet

Fenton_3
In my ongoing effort to eliminate all possible excuses to you becoming a bicycle commuter, today I am going to shoot down your excuse that your cargo is too fragile to haul on two wheels.  To do so I had to enlist the help of my cat Fenton.



This somewhat cantankerous, absurdly aloof tabby is named after my paternal grandfather.  Like my grandfather, who was a strict vegetarian, Fenton likes vegetables, especially squash, peas and steamed carrots.  Oh, and he absolutely loves corn on the cob.  But Fenton's no vegetarian.  He occasionally likes to stalk the local game, particularly Starlings and Field mice, but he’ll eat whatever he can catch, especially if it has worms.  That’s what necessitated his going for a bike ride.  It was time again for his annual checkup and worm pill.   



100_1906_2




Did Fenton like the ride?  Well, he disappeared for two days afterwards, but I suspect that was due to the eight inch rod the vet stuck up his rear to check for worms.



I should tell him to leave the Starlings alone.



2 comments:

  1. That's serious cockamamie-putting a cat on yer bike! Time for a kookie.
    I'm sure the disappearance had more to do with the rod than the ride...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a similar looking tabby that has a penchant for attacking anything that moves, especially the appendages of small children.

    ReplyDelete