Friday, July 27, 2007

Jackson Hole

72107_jackson_hole_race_224



Ever since I started racing with the pros I’ve said that I could make the podium if enough fast guys drop out.  I proved that theory at the Taming the Tetons race in Jackson, Wyoming last Saturday.  Chris Fox dropped out, Chris Holley broke his chain, a lot of other guys just didn’t show up.  One of the locals embarrassed us all by dropping us in the first mile on his single speed.  Marc Wimmer raced like I’ve never seen him race before for second place.  I held on for third, and my first cash payoff as a pro.  I took home a check for a whopping 64 bucks.  That brings the total cash earnings for my racing ‘career’ to $79.  Mags says I shouldn’t quit my day job just yet. 



After the race we spent three days canoeing in Grand Teton National Park.



Group



We at s’mores…



100_1296



And saw some wild critters…





Moose



100_1305_2



Pelican






100_1308



2 comments:

  1. There was a long line for registration before the race. I’d say there were about 60 of us waiting to pay our entry fee 30 minutes before the start of the race. I was about five places from the start of the line when I saw local pro, and probably the fastest guy in the state, Jason Sager cut to the front of the line. He said something to the woman at the desk then started writing out a check. Maybe he had a valid reason, but from my perspective it was an arrogant and classless act.
    there is always a reason for everything, it may not seem
    ohran already signed him up with 5 other guys on the team 20 mins before, didnt have the money so sager paid for all of them. hence writing the check.

    ReplyDelete