Thursday, October 9, 2008

Interpretations

 Well, the response to my request for help interpreting Maria’s dream was wholly underwhelming.  Apparently hooptedoodle readers don’t have any creativity.  Neither of you.

Or maybe you know better than to get involved interpreting dreams of a healer with mystical powers.  Not me, I’ve got several more diary entries from our healer friend ready for your reading pleasure.But first I've got to do something about this piercing pain in the back of my neck.

There was one reader who submitted an interpretation of Maria’s dream, so it was easy to pick the winner of the Diet Mountain Dew T shirt.  Those of you who didn’t submit an interpretation are going to be sorry when you see GhostWriter sporting this T.  Did I mention it’s a cotton/poly blend?  You can’t find clothing like this just anywhere.  GhostWriter, send me your address in an email and you’ll soon find clothing like this in your mailbox.

Speaking of interpretations, you’ve been reading my interpretations of the virtues of commuting by bicycle for quite some time.  Sarah, one of my co-workers, heard my call and commuted by bike several times per week all summer long.  I asked her to write up her feelings and experiences about commuting.  Here’s what she wrote.  It’s great.

Finally!  I did it – I rode my bike to work!  Wow – I am so wiped out and now I have to work.  Are you kidding me???  By mid afternoon, it was all I could do to keep my eyelids up.  By 5:30 I was back on my bike and heading home.  By the time I got home, my butt was not sore, but RAW, my neck and shoulders were throbbing, and my hands were numb……And I loved it!  Weird, right?!  I was hooked and back on my bike once more!Sarah M

Getting up super early and riding into work on the Jordan Parkway, dodging doves and ducks, rather than crazy car drivers, was a fabulous change.  I get to work awake, in a much better mood, & I’ve already gotten an hour of exercise in for the day.  

Also, now when I have errands to run, I take my bike.  I love it so much I wonder why more folks aren’t out there riding.  I don’t think I’ll ever reach Chad’s level (Who goes to Costco on a bike!??) but it is a worthy challenge!  Can you imagine bikes replacing motorized vehicles?  The military “surge” into Bagdad with the army people all pedaling bikes!!  OK maybe rush hour…someone gets a flat on their bike and everyone slows down to see if they are alright and need anything?  No honking, no rubbernecking, no tailgating.  Probably some cutting in, but who cares, I ride pretty slow.  It’s not likely that I’ll speed up and catch the biker that cut me off to shoot them the bird!

Let’s one by one remind, and if necessary, convince folks how great biking is.  Remember we all wanted one when we were kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment