Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Overheard in Salt Lake City

I realize I’m perpetuating several stereotypes by writing this, but the conversation I overhead two nights ago at my local Walgreens was priceless.  I was waiting at the checkout line behind two short, drunk Native Americans buying Listerine when one of them noticed that I’m 6’5”…

First Drunk Indian:
Hey look at this guy; he’s as tall as you.
Second Drunk Indian: Yeah, reminds me of Sasquatch. 
First Drunk Indian: You ever seen one of those?
Second Drunk Indian: Yeah, once up by Pole Crick.
First Drunk Indian:  Yeah?  What’d he look like? 
Second Drunk Indian: Big, stinky fella.
First Drunk Indian: No, what’d he look like, big and hairy? 
Second Drunk Indian: Yeah, real big.  And stinky, like this guy. (Points toward me)
Clerk, finishing counting nickels, pennies and dimes they’d used to pay for their Listerine:  You guys have a nice night. 
Both Drunk Indians in unison: We will. 



2 comments:

  1. I guess I wasn't aware of the "Chad is stinky" stereotype. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome to smell me after our next race.

    ReplyDelete