Friday, August 3, 2007

Send me a picture

Rifle




Ryan and I made the trip to Soldier Hollow on Wednesday night for the final Shoot ‘em Up Short Track race of the year.  Most people call it a biathlon, but I think that’s too sophisticated a term for a wacky sport that mixes mountain bikes and firearms. 



It works like this: Racers ride a 1.5 mile lap then come in and shoot 5 pellets at 5 targets, ride one short penalty loop for every missed target, then head out for another lap.  Altogether we did 5 laps and 5 shooting sessions.  I did remarkably well considering my lack of experience with a gun.  I did a total of 6 penalty loops, which is a huge improvement from last year when I missed 22 of the 25 possible targets.   



Speaking of wackiness on bikes, I’ve been seeing some outrageous bikes lately;



row bikes...



Rowbike



tall bikes...



Tall_bike



tiny bikes...



Tiny_bike



a bike equipped with a snow plow...



(sorry, no picture), 



I even have my own chopper...



Wheeliethumb



But until this week, I have never seen a bike with fur…



Fuzzy_bike



Burning Man is only a few weeks away.   What wacky bikes are you seeing?  Send me pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Have you heard the one about the beaver who got all wet and.....

    ReplyDelete