Thursday, October 25, 2007

Updates

My rides lately haven’t been filled with much stuff to think
about, so I’ll give you some updates instead.





Two days after I posted about the shoes hanging from the
power lines
I was surprised to see that most of them have been removed. There are still a few pairs hanging here and
there, but the majority of the shoes are gone. I like to believe that someone at the power company read about the shoe
epidemic here and decided to do something about it.  But I still want to know what it all means. 





The Wednesday night bowling league has started up again,
which means my weekly Wednesday night rides haven’t been happening. But I’m sure bowling is going to make me
faster next season, right? If nothing
else, bowling will maintain my competitive edge. For instance, my quest for a 200 game is
finally over. Last night I bowled a 222,
my personal best, and just three pins shy of qualifying for a commemorative
lapel pin courtesy of the USBC (that’s the United States Bowling
Congress for you non-bowlers). Check it out--only one open frame:





222



 





1 comment:

  1. Well of course the shoes were removed, you called attention to them and now all the gang-stars in SLC have moved their territories...ha
    Nice job on the bowling, I'm sure it WILL make you a faster rider. . . .

    ReplyDelete