Sunday, February 28, 2010

A file cabinet and a 2x4

I missed the skate race on Saturday.  I was disappointed, but accept that it was a blessing because I’m sure I would have been more disappointed when
my finishing time in the 20 kilometer race didn’t fall exactly on the curve I
made in my last post.  Missing a race is
bad enough but having one’s scientific foundation shaken is outright
catastrophic. 



My reason for missing the race is twofold.  First, the innards of my car are still strewn
about my friend’s garage as he spends his evenings methodically replacing
my blown head gaskets. 
A friend like that is worth waiting around for.  Second, the ride to the race I’d bummed fell
through when Reed called me early Saturday morning to say he was too sick to
race. 



Dejected as I was, I determined not to let this day slip
away without at least putting some sort of feather in my cap.  Instead of racing in a ski race in which I was
assured a good esel spark-ing, I
decided to add to my ever-lengthening list of absurd and sundry items I’ve
hauled on a bicycle, something I actually do spark
esel
at.  Today’s additions are a
file cabinet and a 2x4.   What’s on your list? 



Noadd2



1 comment:

  1. So I asked my dad about spark esel. He said spark also referred to a sled that is propelled by kicking. Not surprisingly, he didn't know what esel meant.
    I've ridden my bike with about 15 4th of July fountains attached to the wheels and frame, all lit. It was quite the spectacle. The neighborhood kids were impressed, anyway.

    ReplyDelete