Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bike to work week

12_btworkweeklogo



This week is National Bike to Work Week.  Salt Lakers had the chance to commute with the mayor on Tuesday morning.  Friday is the Bike Bonanza and Saturday is the Pedal Pusher Film Festival.  Find the schedule here. 



NPR did a story this morning on bike commuting in Marin County, California.  They did a good job summarizing the benefits of bicycle commuting and the dangers commuters face.   



I love the irony of the statement given by the  mother of two at the end of the story on why she doesn’t ride her bike; “I’m gonna to have to do a lot of exercising before I can do that.”  Listen to the story here.



Soldier_hollow_51607_090



Oh yeah, I raced at Soldier Hollow last night.  I didn’t get a chance to warm up and when the group started out at sprint-pace my lungs didn't want to keep up.  Ten minutes later my legs felt hollow.  There was no time in between when everything felt good.  I don't know how I finished, sixth or seventh maybe, but I did win a water bottle in the raffle. 



Afterward, Aaron (aka Thinner) and I stopped for an over-the-top shake at Grannies and at my favorite taqueria in Heber.  Yes, that taqueria





No comments:

Post a Comment