Sunday, September 28, 2008

Help me interpret Maria's dream

The next entry in Maria’s journal is a dream she had.  I present it here in its entirety.   

Dream- Scary, fearful.

I was at home and all of a sudden some cats started appearing in my house, I had been wanting a cat so I thought it was meant to be how one just shoed up but then a hole bunch more started showing up and 2 of them had these weird plastic homing devices on their heads and one cat had 6 ears, then I knew something was not right, then all of a sudden this malicious old couple showed up and they were trying to play games with me to spook me just for fun.  I kept trying to do everything to get rid of them, they kept reappearing, finally I got rid of them, then a different one appeared, I somehow got rid of him, I went to Lonnie for help on how to get rid of him he told me just focus on becoming a wolf and showing them your teeth and that you are not giving into fear and chase them away. 

[She notes in the margin:  They are just energy balls, they can’t hurt me False evidence appearing real.]

Then I was in this office building where Marcel and Darla worked.  Darla left a free pass for me to come see a show I went and decided to lie down for a minute and woke up the next morning with people—1 guy looking at me funny. 

So what does it mean?  Send your interpretation in a comment.  The best commenter wins a long sleeve Diet Mountain Dew T-shirt. 



2 comments:

  1. The cats in Maria's dream are really men.... just the wrong type/kind. She's been wanting a man so bad (even with Jorge) that she's finally getting what she wanted... sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. clearly the cats represent "rational thoughts and ideas" some of these "ideas" even have homing devices on their heads which could connect Maria to a world view rooted in facts instead of new-age herbal mumbo jumbo. The cat with six ears is interesting also because intelligent, thoughtful people are also good listeners.
    The dream represents her suppressed cognitive dissonance over her decision (albeit subconscious) to live in voluntary stupidity, with ears plugged against the sounds of reason and science.
    She sees the part of herself that rejects these notions as a fearsome and scary wolf with a pack mentality. If you get a group of these wackos together they can hunt down and make mincemeat of any intelligent concept they run across.
    That about sums it up.
    Except for one more thing: The energy balls clearly represent Jorges testicles.

    ReplyDelete