Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Libby, MT

Originally Posted July 6, 2004 by Chad

Today we're in Libby, Montana. We hope to make it to Glacier National Park tomorrow, where we'll ride up Going to the Sun Road on Thursday. Here's some pictures. idaho.JPG
Montana.JPG

Posted by Chad at 09:50 AM
Comments: Libby, MT

Chad & Mags
Hey there guys, how are things?
Had lunch with family for Aunt Joyce's birthday and Shirley had to tell us all about you. So I thought I would read up and then just had to drop a line. So interesting and only for the young, I will add. I have driven over some of those mountains etc. Definitely not for the aged! Did I say that?
You know I was raised in Kalispell? So I got a little nostalgic just reading the name from your ball game. Do you really think you will make Maine? If you want to then I hope so.


Congratulations on both of your graduations, what a feat and one to be proud of. You also have fun in Alaska when you go. We have been there,done that also.


Shirley said you are coming through here and she may have some people and family over to see you when you arrive, if she does we will try and see the mighty bikers!!


I need to get out of here and take a trippie so bad, I am getting cabin fever. Eldon would like to go the Northern route, Montana area, he loves it there. I have family in Canada and maybe we better head that way get out of the heat and go to the cool. I have a cousin in Vernon, up the moutain into Canada from Spokane. That might be fun to head up there. Got to make some kind of plans it is getting late and summer is passing.


You two take care and I will check you out every so often. Don't let the bugs get you! Love you Aunt Monta and Uncle Eldon


I don't kjnow how much space I have here so I am kind of lumping everything together, sorry.

 
Posted by Monta Rae &Eldon at July 6, 2004 05:53 PM
 

This is very cool, you guys!! I have been reading along but haven't jumped on the bandwagon to comment until today. First thought is - what a loaded bike. How do you get it going? Second thought - when I mention to people that my sister and her husband are biking from Seattle to Utah they can hardly believe it. I guess at first I wondered what, why and how, but now just because you are actually doing the deed it seems so possible and not at all strange. I think there is a message in there somewhere. Love you!!

P.S .M&C - get in touch with me if you want to get directions to see Tanya.


Posted by Heidi at July 6, 2004 09:19 PM
 

When I read this today in USA Today, I too had to smile thinking of Margaret and Chad on their own "Tour de America." 

"I was just smiling on the bike. It was like a dream." --Armstrong, after his team won the stage.
Learned some interesting facts about bikes in an accompanying article. Armstong gets his bikes from Trek Bicycle Corp of Waterloo, Wis. They create a custom bike for Armstrong that they make into a stock bike for consumers later which they "buy off-the-rack." Last year's bike cost $5,000. They sold 3,800 of them.

Melanie


Posted by Melanie Harris at July 8, 2004 12:31 PM
 

Just checked on the Libby Website and they have a warning about bears and mountain lions in the area. Not to take up space on your webspace, I sent you an email. You know, concerned Mom, etc.

Posted by Melanie Harris at July 8, 2004 05:01 PM
 

Hey you two! Hope you enjoyed Glacier. I'm glad to see you've already found so much kindness and hospitality along the way. I'm sure it must make the trip easier. Despite all the flash floods and steep climbs.
Take it easy
Michael

Posted by Michael Dossett at July 10, 2004 11:47 PM
 

No comments:

Post a Comment